Ready to Defend You Against Serious Criminal Charges
Getting arrested can be a scary, stressful, and confusing situation, whether it’s the first or fourth time. A conviction carries harsh criminal penalties, including a lengthy jail/prison sentence, fines worth thousands of dollars, and a permanent criminal record that can cause irreparable damage to your professional reputation and personal life. One of the most important steps to take in order to obtain the most favorable outcome in your case is hiring an experienced criminal defense lawyer to protect your rights, reputation, and freedom.
At Pariente Law Firm, P.C., we provide our clients with aggressive and personalized legal representation inside and outside the courtroom. With more than 17 years of legal experience, Attorney Michael Pariente is a former prosecutor and federal public defender who works directly with our clients. He is licensed to practice in all Nevada courts, including both state and federal, whether you are a resident or an out-of-state visitor.
Criminal Cases We Handle
- DUI Offenses – All drunk driving offenses from first time to felony
- Sexual Offenses – Crimes ranging from sexual assault, child pornography, opening gross lewdness and crimes involving minors
- Child Pornography -This can be a very serious matter because it is tried on the federal level Michael Pariete has a wealth of trial experience in both state and federal cout
- Domestic Violence – everything from domestic battery, to child abuse and felony strangulation.
- Drug Charges– Drug charges typically depend on the amount of controlled substance possessed, as well as what the individual intended on doing with the narcotics in his or her possession.
- Driving on a Suspended or Revoked License –
- Hit and Run – Leaving the scene of an accident is now a felony in Nevada.
- Murder / Homicide Charges – The most serious offense one can be charged with in Nevada punishable by death.
- Juvenile Charges -Minors under 18 can still be charged criminally and need quality representation.
- Marijuana Charges– Legalization may happen one day, but the Federal and State laws are complicated and conflicting.
- Prostitution– Although some of these services are legal in Nevada, the laws regarding them can sometimes be confusing.
- Federal Offenses – Michael Pariente is an experienced lawyer qualified to practice in federal court.
- Casino Markers – Many people make the mistake of thinking that not paying your Casino marker Will be handled in civil court. It is, in fact, a felony under Nevada’s bad check statute, equivalent to writing a bad check and is not to be taken lightly.
- Violent Offenses– Assault and battery are violent offenses that have the potential to lead to serious penalties.
- Home Invasion – Charged with Home Invasion in Las Vegas? We can help
- Stalking – Any variation of stalking is an offense that will be taken very seriously in the state of Nevada.
- Animal Abuse and Cruelty Laws in Nevada – Animal Cruelty is a felony in Nevada.
- Possession and control of firearms by certain persons – Felon in possession of a firearm.
- Weapon Charges– Despite the right to bear arms being enshrined in the Second Amendment, Nevada and the federal government have passed a number of restrictions on firearm and weapon possession, and ownership.
- White Collar Crime– means a criminal charge in which deception or subterfuge is used for financial gain. It covers a wide range of accusations including: fraud, money laundering, embezzlement and others.
- Medicaid Fraud – The Las Vegas District attorney has then stepping up prosecutions against Medicaid fraud and many innocent people are getting caught in the net. It is important that you retain a good criminal defense attorney before you go to court.
- Medicare Fraud – This is another crime the Las Vegas district attorney is cracking down on. Don’t make the mistake of thinking if you ignore it will go away.
- Insurance Fraud – The most common type of Insurance fraud involves automobiles were people either destroy them or report them stolen because they can no longer afford them. It is a felony and should be taken seriously.
- Cyber Crime– Like everything else, the prevalence of criminal charges for online activity has increased. Cyber crime can range from child pornography, enticing a child to identity theft to wire fraud, among other potential charges.
- Computer Fraud – This is becoming a more common crime both here in Vegas and around the world. We are an experienced law firm and Have defended many cases of cyber crime.
- Aiding and Abetting – This crime is a serious felony charge.
- Theft and Property Crimes– Crimes involving the damaging or theft of property are unfortunately common in Las Vegas. In order to deter individuals from committing this crime, the state of Nevada usually aggressively prosecutes individuals who are accused of theft or property crimes.
- Leaving Children Unattended in a Car – This is a serious offense here in Las Vegas with our blistering summer heat.
- Electric Daisy Carnival (EDC) Arrests – Possession of a controlled substance is a very common offense we see from EDC.
- Air Force Personnel– If a member of the military is charged with a criminal offense while off base, he or she can be subjected to civilian penalties, as well as additional penalties handed down to them by military officials.
- Criminal Charges and Immigration– A criminal charge can have a massive impact on your legal status in the United States.
- First Time Offenders– In most cases, first time offenses are nonviolent crimes that result in misdemeanor or lower level felony charges.
- Violation of Probation– If you are on probation, you may have come very close to the prospect of completely losing your liberty. If a judge rules that you did violate one or more of your conditions, you may have even harsher conditions placed on you.
- Nevada Criminal Process– What to do after you or a loved one has been arrested can be confusing.
- Criminal Record Sealing– A defense attorney can seal your criminal record, keeping your past confidential.
If you have been arrested in Las Vegas, call (702) 466-1871 or fill out our online contact form today to schedule an initial consultation. Also serving clients in Henderson, North Las Vegas, and throughout Clark County!
In any criminal case, you have the right to a defense attorney who can represent you and defend your rights. Our lawyer can challenge the arrest, the evidence, and the testimony of any witnesses brought forward against you. He can seek to show the reasonable doubt that exists in your case.
Contact us today at (702) 466-1871 to discuss your case with our Las Vegas defense lawyer!